This was made out of a few bits and pieces but tasted fab!
- Frozen peas
- Stock using either some bouillon or a stock cube
- Leftover chicken. I happened to have some thighs that had been cooked in cider.
- Risotto rice (long grain will work too)
- Cider or wine (around 100ml)
- A leek or an onion
- Take a couple of handfuls of frozen peas and puree them in some stock.
- Cut the chicken up small (if you are not using leftovers make sure you cook your chicken first).
- In a pan add a little oil and gently fry the leeks until soft.
- Add the garlic.
- Add the rice and coat well in the oil and veggies.
- Add a glug of cider (I used cider as my chicken was cooked in cider, but wine is fine or if you have not got any that fine too!).
- Add a little of the pea and stock liquid and carry on adding until the rice is cooked around 20 mins.
- You might like to add some cheese, I added some yeast flakes.
I pureed some peas as I was going to make a pea risotto but did not have enough peas! I loved the way it gave a different twist to the meal and it was a simple way to include an extra vegetable into a meal!