Eating a diet with a variety of plant based foods will help the body to produce a healthy microbiome (lots of good bacteria) and make you feel amazing!
What are plant based foods?
- Fruits – try eating a variety and a different one every day
- Vegetables – try experimenting with cooking different vegetables
- Seeds and nuts – in porridge, on cereal, added to home made bread..
- Beans, and lentils – in salads, in casseroles or chilli
- Whole grain cereals, quinoa, rice varieties, oats, barley, millet
- Encourage ‘good bacteria’ by eating a range of plant based foods
- Veggies – try grating and adding to sandwiches, salads, dinners
- Fruit – add to cereal or porridge, eat as a ‘snack’ add to salads
- Seeds and nuts – add to everything!
- Wholegrains cereals, pasta – so many choices to try!
- Eat fermented foods to encourage ‘good bacteria’
- Sauerkraut eat straight out of the jar! – use in sandwiches – as an accomplimant to a meal
- Kefir – as a drink, yogurt, milk, quark..
Have fun making your own or go to the supermarket
Limit or ditch processed foods-make it easier for the gut to digest foods