Lentil, Sweet Potato and Carrot Hummus
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 small carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, skin on
- 1 1/2 cups cooked red lentils
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut the sweet potato and carrot into cubes
- Drizzle with oil and roast for 20 mins in the oven at 180, ten mins into cooking add the garlic
- Wash the lentils well before cooking!
- Cook the lentils and drain well
- Remove the skin from the garlic
- Blend everything together
My mixture was so dry and would not mix!
If yours is too then add water, just be careful to do it in stages, you don’t want it to wet!
I added more tahini, lemon juice and olive oil
Make sure you taste as you go along’