Sweet potato and Pumpkin bread rolls
- 200g strong white bread flour
- 75g rye flour
- 60g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 7g dried yeast (or one sachet)
- 5g salt (1tsp)
- 100g grated sweet potato
- 2tsp balsamic vinegar
- Peel and grate the sweet potato
- Using cooled boiled water measure 130g tepid water into a jug
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- If the mixture is too dry, add small amounts of water mixing well until the mixture comes together in a nice smooth ball.
- Pour some flour onto a surface and knead the mixture for around 10 mins, or until smooth.
- Place in a clean oiled bowl, cover with a clean t-towel and leave until doubled in size -around 1 – 2 hours
- Knockback the mixture, this means just quickly re-kneading for a couple of mins
- Shape into rolls, place on a baking sheet, cover, and let rise again.
- Glaze with beaten egg and pumpkin seeds
- Bake at 220 for 15 – 20 mins
Mine didn’t rise very high but tasted yummy!